Collection and Use of Personal Information
When you complete an Online Application, Contact Us message, Salary Guide Request, Outplacement Flyer form, or sign up for Job Alerts, we may ask for some personal information, including but not limited to, your first name, last name, email address, and any other information included in your resume.
We will collect your information to be used in the following ways:
- Matching your qualifications with open jobs to help us assist you in finding employment.
- Keeping you informed of Palmer Group services. This includes emails and text messages associated with your job preferences. You can opt-out of these messages at any time – please see the ‘Contact Us’ section at the bottom of the page.
- Compiling salary data and other surveys of our candidates.
- Tracking the number of users on our website so we can plan site bandwidth and capacity.
Disclosures of Personal Information
Palmer Group may disclose some or all your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that Palmer Group merges with or is acquired by another business. If this happens you will be sent a notice.
- To third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. We currently utilize Active Campaign (https://www.activecampaign.com/legal/privacy-policy), Tracker RMS (https://www.tracker-rms.com/privacy-statement/), AdobeSign (https://www.adobe.com/privacy.html), and various background check services as required by our client organizations.
- To comply with law enforcement authorities, if required to do so in order to prevent a crime or protect national security and the personal safety of our users or the public.
- To comply with any subpoenas, court orders, legal processes, or government requests.
- To protect Palmer Group information in response to fraud monitoring and prevention as well as modifying our products and services.
Employee Records to be Maintained in Personnel Files
- Pre-employment documents
- Employment documentation
- Separation of employment documents
All files are stored electronically within our HRIS during your employment and for a minimum of 11-years after employment ends. You may review your personnel file at any time by scheduling an appointment with the HR Manager. You may not remove or alter the contents of your personnel file, but you may note any information you view as unfair or inaccurate and return it for inclusion in your file. You may request a copy of the documents in your file.
Records to be Maintained Separate from the Personnel File
- Medical Information
- Credit information
- Immigration forms
- Documents related to complaints and investigations
All files are stored electronically within our HRIS during your employment and for a minimum of 11-years after employment ends. It is important that your records be kept current. Your paycheck should reflect the proper deductions to ensure you and your dependents receive the appropriate benefits. Please be sure to notify Palmer Group of any changes in your personal status.
Security of Personal Information
Palmer Group is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. We use appropriate physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect your information from unauthorized or unlawful access, use, or disclosure. We have processes in place to avoid accidental loss, destruction, or damage to your personal information, and we comply with General Data Protections Regulation (GDPR) standards and requirements. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (if you feel that the security of your personal information has been compromised) please notify us using the information in the “Contact Us” section at the bottom of the page.
To subscribe to Job Alert emails, you will be required to provide an email address. This email address will be used to keep you informed of the latest jobs in your selected discipline.
Your resume can be submitted in many ways including but not limited to uploading through our website, a direct email to one of our Palmer Group representatives, utilizing a third–party job board, or in person at our office or an event. You can update your resume at any time by either emailing your representative directly or contacting us through our website.
Contact Us Email Messages/Feedback
When you send us messages via email, we will use your name, phone number, or email address to respond. Your email may be shared with appropriate parties within Palmer Group to help accurately respond and improve the services we provide.
Sensitive Personal Information
During our hiring process, we may collect more personal information not listed above. This personal information includes but is not limited to government-issued IDs, any related legal actions, and information regarding a person’s race or ethnic origin.
Palmer Group may receive or acquire information about visitors, job seekers, or customers from third-party partners/sources. We also collect public information from job boards and professional social media websites where career data is made available by individuals and can be seen by recruiters.
Palmer Group may also share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Potential employers – We may share some but not all of your personal information with a potential employer with your consent. We will disclose your resume and background check results. Only the pass/fail results of the background check will be shared.
- Vendors and Other Service Providers – We use other third-party vendors to help in the reviewing of job advertisements, marketing, data analytics, skills and assessment training, and drug and background screenings (a completed release form is required prior to a background check or drug screening). In order for these third-party vendors to provide Palmer Group with their services, it may be necessary for us to provide them with access to your personal information.
- With your consent – we may disclose your personal information for other purposes.
Your personal information is never sold, rented, or leased to any external company.
We may periodically send you updates via email or text message about promotional opportunities or services we think might interest you (examples: job opportunities, newsletters, event information or surveys). You have the right to opt-out of these updates.
Palmer Group retains personal information we collect from you for ongoing business needs (example: to assist you in your job search or employee search process). When we no longer have an ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information we will anonymize or securely store it.
A cookie is a small data file placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit certain websites. A cookie file can contain information such as user ID which the site uses to track the pages you have visited.
Some parts of the Palmer Group website utilize cookies to track user traffic patterns on our website. Palmer Group does this tracking in order to determine the usefulness of our website information to our users and to see how effective our navigational structure is at helping users reach that information.
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse them when your browser alerts you to their presence.
You can find more information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-bb8174ba-9d73-dcf2-9b4a-c582b4e640dd
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the site, along with the time of the visit and pages visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and manage the site. We may also approximate your location from your IP address (but not exact location).
Palmer Group uses a third-party analytics provider – Google Analytics. We use this to collect and analyze information about the use of our website and to report on activities and trends. Google Analytics may also collect information regarding the use of the other websites, apps and online resources.
You can learn more about Google’s practices by going to: https://policies.google.com/privacy#intro. To opt out, download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. This is available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Active Campaign & Tracker RMS
Palmer Group uses Active Campaign e-mail marketing and automation software to distribute periodic job alert e-mail messages directly to individuals who enroll in this informational and promotional initiative. We also utilize Tracker RMS Applicant Tracking Systems for recruitment and staffing business operations. A link to Active Campaign and Tracker RMS’s privacy statements is included in the Disclosures of Personal Information section above.
Links to Other Sites
This Privacy Statement applies solely to the information we collect on the Palmer Group website and does not apply to information we collect in any other fashion.
Users should be aware that when you are on Palmer Group’s site you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. Palmer Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other websites that may be linked to this site.
Use of Site by Minors
This site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of eighteen (18). Palmer Group does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18.
In the event of a data breach including, but not limited to, your information in our candidate tracking system (which we are taking precautions to avoid) you will be notified within 48 hours of discovery by Palmer Group personnel. Some examples of data breaches include discrimination, damage to reputation, financial loss, or loss of confidentiality.
Revisions to the Policy
If we make changes to this notice, we will post the revised version on our site with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes to this notice, we may also notify you via email.
If you have any questions about this policy or wish to exercise your Privacy Rights please contact:
3737 Woodland Ave, Suite 200
West Des Moines, IA 50266
ATTN: Compliance Team