Current Job Openings
Rehabilitation Technician (14747)
Work Schedule: 8:30AM-5:00PM M-F
Benefits: Full time hourly (starting $12.32, 4-months $12.67, 6 months $13.05)
Deadline to apply: September 19, 2014
Other: Resume and cover letter REQUIRED
Qualified candidates are invited to send a resume and cover letter to Hannah Steen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume review and/or interview scheduling will commence immediately. No phone calls please.
Under direct supervision, provide assistance with patient care in the set-up and/or application of modalities, supervision of therapeutic exercises and provide attention to the needs of the patient as directed by supervising Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant. Independently assist with cleaning and preparing treatment room and tables, inventory of medical supplies and laundry along with transportation of patients as necessary within the clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the provision of Physical Therapy services under the direction of the supervising PT or PTA. Duties may include transportation of patients, assisting with application of modalities and exercises, paying constant attention to needs of patient and their safety, provide verbal feedback to patients and supervising PT or PTA.
- Organize equipment and supplies needed for treatment, clean and prepare the treatment tables and gym area.
- Maintain linen supply and report equipment and supply needs to supervisor.
- Insure clinic and reception area are clean and present in an orderly manner.
- In the absence of the patient service representative duties will include, but are not limited to, the following; perform patient registration, insurance verification and authorization, prepare new patient charts, collect all co pays/deductibles or payments owed, prepare billing form, answer incoming phone calls and provide friendly customer service.
- Assist clinic manager in reporting clinic statistics, Medicare monthly reimbursement reports, chart reviews, equipment maintenance and other duties as directed.
- Participate in and successfully complete University required training including but not limited to harassment, ethics and/or discrimination.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma (or equivalent);
- Preference for candidates that have at least one year experience in the medical or wellness environment; individuals that have completed college education and/or courses in health and wellness may also be considered.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of related therapy equipment preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Possess PC knowledge and skills; able to active PC, laptop or other computer device, knowledge of use of email, internet access/usage and/or Excel, Word or other related software for daily work.
- Fax, copier and telephone operations.
- Intermediate to excellent communications skills; specifically written and verbal skills. Communicate clearly to patients, students and other staff members. Able to deliver instructions to patients and students in the use of the facilities and equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Basic organizational skills (track daily duties, workflow, activities and/or events through use of self developed or other system or hard copy calendar, or other device, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Must be certified in CPR or complete CPR certification within 60 days of being hired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be able to communicate (hear and speak) with patients, staff and students. The employee frequently is required to: stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift 10-20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Able to perform frequent repetitive standing, sitting, squatting, bending and twisting as associated with patient care. Able to safely lift, push, pull and carry objects and patients as associated with patient care.
Des Moines, Iowa
Salary: $12.32 - $12.32 per Hour
3737 Woodland Avenue
West Des Moines, Iowa 50266